<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d5801580365963080598\x26blogName\x3dUuFooooOoO~\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://joe-hg.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://joe-hg.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-4519330650860491716', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

UuFooooOoO~

I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches.

The heart.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Trust your heart.

Isnt that what people always tell you to do? To trust your heart and instincts because they'll guide you to do what you really want to do?


Trust your heart.

Heart and mind are often at conflict with each other. Mind tends to take things logically while the heart tends to feel things through. Of course if you trust your heart 100% youre going to end up doing stupid things like smoking weed and getting pregnant at 15 just because you FELT like it. On the other hand, what's life if you trust your mind 100% and try to execute everything to an absolute perfection, forgetting the feelings and the joy that comes when you try something tough but actually manage to work it out?. Its like picking a course that has good employment prospects but one that you have zero interest in. and you spend the rest of your life trying to convince yourself that its a right choice because life's never perfect and the most brutal decisions are always the best.


Trust your heart.

I say a safe bet would be to let your mind control 90% of the stuff you do, but let your heart decide on the remaining 10%. The most important of decisions. The ones that would change your life forever. The ones that are risky, but would give you endless pleasure and happiness if you pull through.


Trust your heart.

How would you know if the feelings that youre feeling are true? Well, for me, if youre not being subjected to influence and there is no outside interference and your heart tells you to go to A... it should be true(provided it is not physically or ethically wrong). Afterall, the french author Francois de La Rochefoucauld once said "If there be a love pure and free from the admixture of our other passions, it is that which lies hidden in the bottom of our heart, and which we know not ourselves. "


Trust your heart.

Sometimes, the logic that seems right doesnt necessarily end up being right. Especially in complicated matters where your logic is made based on present circumstances., the stuff that you can see and feel at the present moment. I believe the heart has a way of subconciously analyzing past and present details, details so tiny that youre unable to put on paper when youre trying to weigh the pros and cons, and make a decision that in some cases, in the long run, can be right-er than the logical decision. I guess thats what they mean by the 'instincts' and 'chemistry' and 'i just feel like it'-s you have when youre with a special person.


Trust your heart.

Have you ever been in a situation where you've logically decided on something, but somehow it just doesnt feel right? And the minute youre not conciously putting effort into reinforcing your decision you appear in a place that the so called logical decision has forbidden you to go? and you cant seem to explain why your heart yearns for that place? IMO this is the kind of situation that warrants a thorough soul search, for a heart-made decision. ( or in other words the 10% of decisions that you cant make using logic)





Trust your heart.

What the heart knows today the head will understand tomorrow. - James Stephens
posted by Joe, 5:57 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment